Inspired by the Goats Cheese Salad I recently had at Veg Out Cafe I created this!
Spicy Scrambled Egg Salad
1 x egg beaten
small knob of butter
1 spring onion chopped
Half a bell pepper chopped
1 tomato chopped
1/2 a red onion sliced
1/2 tsp honey
Salad leaves (I used spinach and lettuce)
A sprinkling of Sunflower seeds
3 x Nairns Oat Cakes
1. In a small bowl, coat the sliced red onion with a tbsp of Balsamic vinegar and the honey. Leave the onions to soak up the mixture.
2. Wash and roughly tear salad leaves and arrange on a plate. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
3. In a shallow frying pan, add the butter. Once melted add spring onions, tomatoes, and pepper. Fry until soft add seasoning and spice to taste. Stir, and leave to simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Add your beaten egg and stir on a medium heat until egg comes together and is cooked.
5. Whilst egg is cooking, rub the red onions in the balsamic vinegar and honey mixture until they become soft.
5. Drizzle some Hemp oil on your salad leaves.
6. Arrange 3 oat cakes on your bed of salad leaves and top with cooked egg.
7. Tuck in.
If you have a go at the above do let us know how it turns out!
Comment below or tell us in our Wholesome Living Group.
Sign up to receive our updates and get recipes in your inbox!
We value your privacy and would never spam you